Volunteering in the District
Become a School Volunteer!
The Board recognizes that community members can provide valuable services to the schools by sharing their time, talents and experience. An effective volunteer program allows students to benefit from individual attention, provides enrichment opportunities that supplement the regular educational program, allows teachers to focus on teaching and learning by relieving them of non-teaching tasks, provides interested community members an opportunity to become directly involved with education, and strengthens the relationship between schools and the community.
All volunteers shall be at least 18 years of age unless their volunteer work is part of a class, is done to fulfill a service learning or community service requirement for graduation, or is done by a recognized student organization.
Volunteers may provide assistance in various ways, including, but not limited to:
- Tutoring students on a one-to-one or small group basis under the direct superivision of the classroom teacher;
- Using their special musical, artistic or other talents to provide enrichment experiences and extend student learning;
- Reading to children;
- Playing instructional games;
- Providing services in libraries, lunchrooms and playgrounds;
- Accompanying students on field trips;
- Assisting teachers in assembling instructional materials;
- and Assisting in school plays, music programs and other co-curricular activities.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING, PLEASE CONTACT YOUR TOWN'S BUILDING PRINCIPAL